2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2019 1:59 AM by Andreas Koschinek

Change parameter through Dashboard filter action

Andreas Koschinek

HI everyone,

I have two Dashboards. On one i display a measure over time where you can switch between different measures through a parameter.

The other dashboard is an Overview, showing the current values for all these measures.

What i want to do is to be bale to create a link for all these separate measures to the Dashboard with the details over time. That means i would habe to change the parameter to the measure i was selectingt on the overview.

Attached an example how it would look like.

• 1. Re: Change parameter through Dashboard filter action
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Andreas,

Find my approach based on a union as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 10.5 located in the original thread.

1. Define an union

2. D1. Placeholder:

if [Table Name]='Orders' and [Category]='Furniture' then 'Furniture'

elseif [Table Name]='Orders1' and [Category]='Office Supplies' then 'Office Supplies'

elseif [Table Name]='Orders$' and [Category]='Technology' then  'Technology'

END

3. Drag D1. Placeholder & Sales to the indicated locations on Sheet Overview

PS The Measure Sales could be replaced by any other measure per Category e.g. if [tablename]='Orders' then [Profit} elseif [tablename]='Orders$' then [Discount] etc....

4. Drag the mentons objects to the indicated locations on Sheet Detail

5. Define the following action filter

action.jpg

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Norbert

• 2. Re: Change parameter through Dashboard filter action
            Andreas Koschinek

Hi Norbert,

thanks for your reply.

Your example works really well but it's not quite what i was looking for.

I attached another example using the actual data.

I have seperate measure and i want to be able to switch between them on the Details Dashboard. For this i have to use the Parameter.

When i click on one of the measures on the Overview Dashboard, it should bring me to the Details Dashboard. With this i would Need the Parameter to Change accordingly.