1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2019 3:31 PM by Sujay Paranjpe

Continuous date filters on Tableau Online not working properly

Sergio Alonso

Hi everybody,

I've been using the slider type of filter for dates for quite a while now, and most of my clients are telling me it's a bit hard to work with. When I looked into it, I found out that the filter on Tableau Online is not working as in the Desktop version. In particular, this is not working the same way:

This is on the Desktop version. As you can see, when you click on the name of the month, it drops a list of each month,and when you click on the year, you can type right on it.

But when you try to do the same on Tableau Online, it doesn't work: in fact, it does nothing at all. I'm not sure if its an error of my workbook, or if it's a general error... Is there any way to solve this? I was thinking of using parameters to do this, but it does the exact same.

Any help would be kindly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Continuous date filters on Tableau Online not working properly
          Sujay Paranjpe

Sergio Alonso

Mate, well done in picking up this difference in behaviour.

In general, Tableau online lacks a lot of functionality that a Tableau Desktop can do but the purpose of both Online and Desktop is different..

This difference in behaviour definitely needs a rectification because its an obvious way you would want filters to behave.

Please highlight this by raising an idea for Tableau developers here - Ideas

Cant think of any alternate at the moment.

Best,

Sujay

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful