2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2019 9:25 AM by Ciara Brennan

Certification at Tableau Conferences

Developer Michael

I noticed that at TC18, there were 2 certification exam sessions, one on Monday, the other on Thursday.  Can you take 2 exams at one conference?

• 1. Re: Certification at Tableau Conferences
          Paul Wachtler

Hi Michael,

If you fail an exam on Monday, you may be able to retake it on Thursday if there are still additional testing spots available (if you've already taken it once and fail on your second try though, there's a two month waiting period).

If you're talking about taking the Qualified Associate exam on Monday and then the Certified Professional on Thursday, you wouldn't be able to sign up for the CP exam until you've passed the QA exam (it's a pre-req for taking the CP).  However, if you pass the QA on Monday and there are still testing spots available on Thursday they may let you sign up to take it then.

I took the CP exam at TC 18 and while I passed, I definitely would not have wanted to take two exams within 3 days of each other.  I was exhausted after the CP exam.  That's just my personal opinion though.

Also, I made sure to take the exam on Monday so that I could enjoy the rest of the conference and not have to worry about another exam.  I feel like I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much if I had a second exam coming up on that Thursday.

Best,

Paul

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Certification at Tableau Conferences
            Ciara Brennan

Just fyi, thread moved to the Tableau Conference board

Tableau Conference