Not sure but find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 10.5 located in the original thread.
1. D1. Date: DATE(DATEPARSE ( "dd-MMM-yyyy", '1-'+[Month]+'-'+str([Year]) ))
2. P1. Date Parameter & P2. Date Parameter based on D1. Date
3. M1. First filter: if [P1. Date Parameter]=[D1. Date] then [Electicity Consumption in Unit] END
4. M2. Second Filter: if [P2. Date Parameter]=[D1. Date] then [Electicity Consumption in Unit] END
5. Drag the required objects to the indicated locations and show parameter controls
Ramda_nalmai_v10.5.twbx 135.5 KB
Find my approach in attached workbook.
I guess bullet chart will be good for such comparison
Note: comparison(Aug 2017) sales=bar; benchmark(July 2017) sales= gantt
Let us know if this help.
Book4_v10.5.twbx 16.6 KB