1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2019 11:06 AM by Nick Parsons

How do I make the two number as one number

Janice Ip

This one of many sheets I was working on Airbnb data in NY.

So as you could see I'm trying to create a sheet that generates the count for number of records which would give me the number of listing.

I will have an interactive map with the sheet to allow the users to see the number of listing in a neighborhood or sub Neighborhood.

So you could see that by adding the details I could get a auto generated titles that will allow the user to know that they are seeing but this had caused me to get a list of numbers instead of one total count.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 10.33.31.png

I manage to get a total count of records but there is till 2 number instead of 1.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 10.33.17.png

How could I get a clear whole number

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 10.42.32.png

PS. How could I get All* in text?

• 1. Re: How do I make the two number as one number
          Nick Parsons

Adding Property Type to details is giving you the 2 marks (numbers) since there are apartments and houses. You're seeing the counts of Houses as one mark, the count of Apartments as the other. If you look in the lower left corner of Tableau you'll see the number of marks, that's your clue that you have de-aggregated the data. If you take that off of details you get one mark for both types. I also replace your table calc with just sum([number of properties]). Twbx attached.