1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2019 4:06 AM by Jim Dehner

Tableau 10.5- How to add previous months data to current month

Ruchika Sharma

Hello,

I have question around adding previous months data to the current month. In attached file, on dashboard 5, you will see a graph called as "Cumulative Benefits (De-risked)" which reflects month over moth data. When I select January from filter, it shows Jan. actual numbers and forecasted numbers for rest of the months.

My question is- If I select February from the filter, is there a way, Feb data shows me Feb+ Jan data? Similiary, when I select March from filter- the graph should show me as: Jan- Jan data, Feb- Jan+feb data, March- Jan+Feb+March data so on and so forth.

• 1. Re: Tableau 10.5- How to add previous months data to current month
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

Filters are used to limit the data in the table that underlies each viz - when you "select January"  only january data is available in the table

So what to do - the typical approach is to use a parameter (v filter) to select the end month then use calculations to see the chosen month and the previous

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.