5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2019 9:47 AM by Stephen Groff

FIXED LOD based on overall total

Stephen Groff

I've tried a couple of ways of creating this LOD but the totals never work out correctly.  Was hoping some of you pros could take a look.

I apologize, but I am unable to upload this data to this question so we'll work with pictures...

So the pictures above tell me how many defects were found in Assembly, I need to take that number (which is 100) and divide that by the Total Overall Machines found in Work Center 400 (which is 218), not total machines found in Assembly.

Then my DPU would read 0.45 instead of 1.25

I've tried several variations of the following LOD, none of which get me to my total of 218 Machines

Thanks folks

• 1. Re: FIXED LOD based on overall total
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Stephen

It is hard without seeing a sample workbook, but please try below calculation based on my udnerstanding.

{Fixed [Work Center(FG)]:sum(if [Cause Group (CG)] = 'Assembly' then [your defect measure] end)}

/

{Fixed [Work Center(FG)]:countd([Serial No])}

ZZ

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FIXED LOD based on overall total
            Jim Dehner

Good morning

this is the same as shown below counting sub cats in cat or superstore data

remove the serial number that precedes the colon in your lod

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 3. Re: FIXED LOD based on overall total
              Diego Parker

Hey Stephen,

I created an example using Superstore.

Your LOD is almost correct, just take out the serial number from the beginning. In my case, { FIXED [Segment]:SUM([Quantity])} -> I called it Fixed

then SUM([Sales])/AVG([Fixed])

Hope it helps.

Best,

Diego

• 4. Re: FIXED LOD based on overall total
                Stephen Groff

Thanks for your replies gentlemen.

I've tried the solutions... still working out the details.

I've gone ahead and supplied a workbook with what you'll need to see what I see.  Although it may be complicated to navigate..

The number of defects always needs to be divided by the number of machines found in the work center.

I could create a calculation for just assembly results... but I need an all-encompassing calculation.

Total Defects Found in (ie. Assembly or Material handling) / Total Machines Found in Work Center

Jim and Diego... I did as you both stated in your solution, however I've come up with a different number.

• 5. Re: FIXED LOD based on overall total
                  Stephen Groff

This calculation was finally able to give me what I wanted:

essentially what you had originally said:

I never took my date parameter into consideration or how I originally got my machine total.  Once I finally input the [Date Select Param] everything started coming together.

Thank you gents.  Really appreciate you quarterbacking this one for me.