6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2019 10:12 PM by Prasanna R

Import ppt

mendey Sai

Hi Team,

I need to create a dasbhaord from ppt screen how can i achieve this.Is there any way to create.

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Import ppt
          Prasanna R

Hi Mendey,

You cannot open a powerpoint presentation in Tableau. What are you trying to get out of the ppt screen. Is it a visualization on the screen that you want to import on tableau as a chart? It is a definite no.

If you have data on the ppt then you can save it as a pdf file and then open the pdf file in Tableau. This way you can get the data to Tableau and start building your visualization.

You will get more information on how to get data from pdf to tableau in the below link.

PDF File - Tableau

Thanks

RP

*If this helps, then please mark it Helpful and Correct to close this thread

• 2. Re: Import ppt
            mendey Sai

Prasanna,

I need to keep some actions on PPT so what i have done is i took .jpeg and took into dashbaord.But i am unable to keep some text on the icons can you please help me.

• 3. Re: Import ppt
              Prasanna R

Mendey,

If I'm understanding it right, you have exported the ppt as jpeg. Now you have put that image on the tableau dashboard and you are getting to add some text to the icons in the image?

If that is the case you need to have the text objects floating. Best is to fix your dashboard size so that the floating objects stay in one place.

If this doesn't help I request you to send us some sample of what you are trying to achieve so that we can help you better.

• 4. Re: Import ppt
                mendey Sai

Thanks For the quick response Prasanna.

• 5. Re: Import ppt
                  mendey Sai

Prasanna,

When i take the objects in float alignment is not correct.What would be the alternate option to keep the alignment correct.

• 6. Re: Import ppt
                    Prasanna R

Mendey,

Usually floating might give you alignment issues, so we go for tiled layout. In your case you are trying to place text on top of the image right so this is the way to go or have to recreate the image with text in Powerpoint and then bring it as a single image (provided the texts are going to be static).

The floating concept works if you can fix your size of the dashboard and then place the objects so no matter in what screen you open they will stay the same.

Also if you are using 2018.3 then you can make use of the Grid facility to place the objects in proper alignment.

Best Regards

RP

*If this helps, then please mark it Helpful and Correct to close this thread