4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2019 9:06 PM by ANSHUL JAIN

How to get

ANSHUL JAIN

I want to take only one parameter namely - Date (format, mm/dd/yyyy) from the user and based on that I want to find YTD, MTD, PYMTD, YOY% change, First Half MTD - H1 nos. and Full Fiscal Year nos. and show it to the user in the form of a table (AS ATTACHED sample chart format i am trying to build)

I have 3-5 years of sales data and my fiscal year starts from April to March. Please help me get the YTD||MTD||PYMTD||H1||Full Fiscal year nos. by the fiscal year April to March

I have created a fiscal year start filter and am able to get the calculated nos. for Fiscal year Jan-to-Dec but i need to populate them for Fiscal Apr-to-Mar. My end filter isn't working properly - I am taking the parameter date in this end filter. Please help.

TIA

• 1. Re: How to get
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Anshul

Have you tried this for your FY?

ZZ

• 2. Re: How to get
            ANSHUL JAIN

Yep, I did that ZZ!

I want to build a table of all the columns mentioned and using just one user parameter. I want to give the user to input only one date in mm/dd/yyyy format and my datasource has date and country mappings using which i want to construct a fiscal summary table. It should be a table full of calculations and not by default tableau options.

Please help.

• 3. Re: How to get
              Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Anshul

This is the calculation for FY, you can use this in your FYTD calculation

Previous FY should be very similar, but just year -1

Hope this makes sense.

ZZ

• 4. Re: How to get
                ANSHUL JAIN

Hi ZZ,

This helps and i already did this. But - my objective here is a bit different.

How do i calculate H1 and Fiscal year nos. if my fiscal year start is April to March.

Suppose i have 5 years data and I want one input thru parameter from my user as a date in mm/dd/yyyy format. And basis this input, how do i calculate my H1 and Fiscal year nos. If user passes a parameter as say 06/01/2018 - He should get a table with:

1. YTD nos. of June'18

2. MTD nos. till June'18 - i.e. from April'18 to June'18

3. PYMTD nos till June'17 - i.e. from April'17 to June'17

4. H1 nos of year(Parameter_Date) i.e. April'18 to Sept'18

5. Full fiscal year(Parameter_Date) - i.e. April'18 to Mar'19 nos.

POlease help