5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2019 2:06 AM by Rafał Burczak

comparison of three types of data

Rafał Burczak

Hi,

I have a daily sales data. I would like to show visually how cumulative sales relate to the monthly forecast and trend.

For example,

Forecast = 200,000 t
      Cumulative sales = 150,000 t
      Trend = 240,000 t

I tried to show it using the wheel, but it was not a good idea. I would like to show when sales will exceed the forecast with a filling wheel, but in this way not see sales above the forecast, because the wheel as FC will have a 100% fill. An interesting idea is radial pie chart, but I do not know how to apply this solution to my needs.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Sorry for errors in my message

• 1. Re: comparison of three types of data
          christian.binderkrantz

Hi Rafat

Would something along the lines of this solve your problem?

This graph focuses on the relationship between 1 measure (the bar) and the rest (the flat lines) - and it takes about 30s to setup

• 2. Re: comparison of three types of data
            Rafał Burczak

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your response.

I created something like that, but these are two sheets. Forecast is green wheel, cumulative sale is blue and difference is grey. But this idea don't solve my problem. When the cumulative sale exceeds the forecast, my wheel looks like similarly.

The radial pie chart allows to show growing sales, a fixed amount - a forecast, a point where sales exceed the forecast and what the difference will be at the end of the month. The wheel is a solution which has a 100% limit, but the monthly sales can be higher than the forecast. I would like to show how this proportions will be change every day.

• 3. Re: comparison of three types of data
              christian.binderkrantz

Hmm... I may not be able to assist you much further but I suggest that you simply draw how your pie chart can visualize something beyond 100% which may hint you towards a solution.

My idea would be to work around the 100% issue by forcing the total to match whatever is of highest value.

For example if your Sales starts to exceed Forecast, your Sales should be the full ring (the new 100%) and Forecast would over time shrink compared to Sales. It might help to sort after Rank of the different sums, in order for the different measures to change place.

If you have a .tbwx with some sample data and a somewhat finished design for the desired pie chart, I'd love to give it a go

• 4. Re: comparison of three types of data
                Rafał Burczak

Hi Christian,

I attach a data file to this message.

This is an example of a sales report database which I send each day. In my report, I show sales (and sales tendency) compared to the forecast and budget.

I would like to show how the running total sales change each day compared to the forecast and budget. I know different ways, how I could show it, but I want to make a view of radial pie chart or radial bar chart.