4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2019 9:25 PM by Prasanna R

Hand Mouse Cursor and Highlighting of marks MISSING on the server

Prasanna R

Hi,

I have 2 dashboards (A&B) with similar style where one dashboard works fine but the other doesn't. On the tableau desktop it is perfect, but once I publish to the server the hand mouse cursor doesn't seem to appear, not any of the dimensions are getting highlighted when pointed at. I have the tooltip as shown below (this is what I have for the other dashboards and they work fine).

Dashboard A - Not working:

When I hover over the bar, the mouse hover action doesn't change. It is still the same black mouse with white border no matter on what mark I point it to. This is the same issue on the entire dashboard. I have 2 tabs and its the same on the other tab as well. When i point it over a dimension then the mouse arrow point changes to the hand pointer but the dimension is not highlighted in white as it is supposed to.

Dashboard B - working:

When I hover over the bar, the mouse hover action changes to the hand pointer and the mark on the bar is highlighted with a white border as shown below. This works as it is supposed to work on the entire dashboard and also on the other dashboards on the server. (I have 2 tabs in this workbook as well).

When i point it over a dimension then the mouse arrow point changes to the hand pointer and the dimension is highlighted in white as it is supposed to.

I was checking if there was a solution for such a problem and I saw that appending render=true / render=y to the URL should solve this issue; but in my case it did not.

I also saw this thread which says that the viz is actually converted to a png for better performance. This was back in 2017, so wondering if there was any other case still and if there was a solution to get over this. It is quiet annoying to see this only on one dashboard and not on others in spite having the same method followed in creating the viz.

https://community.tableau.com/thread/252157

I use 2018.1.3 version on the Server and Desktop.

Would appreciate if someone can share any solution. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Prasanna Ratnam