1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2019 2:19 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Whitelisting OData URLs?

Kris Loertscher

I'm using an OData connection and I can connect to it fine and pull data that I need on the desktop.  I can publish the workbook and the data source to the server and the extract works fine.  When I try to refresh the extract though, I get the error message: "Could not connect to server."

If I try to connect to the URL from the server itself in a browser, I can hit it just fine and get the json.

I saw elsewhere that for web data connection types, you have to whitelist the URL.  Is that the case with OData connections as well?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Whitelisting OData URLs?
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Kris

If you are able to hit the Odata source from the server, then I believe this should work fine.  Are you able to run a desktop instance from this same pc and connect?  This sounds like a setup issue for the published odata connection.  Also note that the data type must be extract for odata - not a live connection - OData - Tableau

Have you made any progress or is this an ongoing issue?  Please open a ticket with support if this continues as they can help track down the issue. 

Patrick