4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2019 9:25 AM by San M

Error during Data Blending

San M

Hello All,

Can somebody help me with the question i have below regarding data blending?

The issue i am facing right now is, the counts in my table changes (not accurate) the moment i click on the Active Icon Link that blends a field from 2 data sources. I am not sure what can be the reason. Is there any way, you can provide with any solution or tip?

Thanks

Sandhya

• 1. Re: Error during Data Blending
          Jim Dehner

If I understand your question when you link the tables together (using the active link) then total number of marks in the viz changes - - that is the expected action -

No the second part is that the change does not meet you expectation - Can't be specific without looking at the data but the number of marks will be dependent on the Filtered view in the viz after you connect or disconnect the link - the filters will still apply

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Error during Data Blending
            San M

Thanks Jim for your quick response. Your understanding is correct. The count in the viz is changing and the final count i am getting is not accurate. I am not doing any filter that will make the count change. The moment i click on the active icon, the number changes.

For example:

I have a "VP Name" as common in Data Source A and Data Source B which means automatically tableau creates a relation because of the common name in 2 data sets. When i blend those 2 fields, then ideally the number should still remain the same (which is not happening) unless i apply the filter of seeing the data only for a particular VP.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
            Sandhya

• 3. Re: Error during Data Blending
              San M

Jim,

Attaching 2 screenshots for your reference. Let me know if you have some tips that will help me resolve this issue.

• 4. Re: Error during Data Blending
                San M

If anyone can help with my question, i would appreciate it.

Thanks
                Sandhya