1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2019 5:24 AM by Paul Wachtler

Dynamic max date in Range Date filter

Shilpi Kumari

Hello Team,

I have a date column that used as a range filter to give users a range whichever they want to choose., the problem is date is ranging from 2015 to today's date and we fix start date from 2017 but end also get fixed till today 's date. So when the dashboard refreshes the end date does not change to the max date in source data it's stuck to whenever we have published.

the 15 Jan should change to next refresh which happened 24th Jan, how to fix this thing and still give user flexibility of choosing the range.

• 1. Re: Dynamic max date in Range Date filter
          Paul Wachtler

Hi Shilpi,

I'm assuming you want to keep the option of letting them filter back to 2015?  If so, then drag another one of your Open Date fields from your dimensions to your filter shelf - have this one set to year of Open Date.  Keep all of the years in the filter.  Right click on it and select "Add to Context".  This will make sure this is processed before your other date filter. 

Now on your original Open Date filter, click the right x in the top right to remove the fixed dates.  And on your year filter, select only 2017, 2018, and 2019.  This will make sure the original date filter expands to include new days and is also filtered to 2017 and later by default.  If users want to go back to 2015 they can add in 2015 and 2016 on the year filter.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Paul