2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2019 10:28 AM by Matthew Wallace

Combining worksheets with the same rows dimension but different column dimensions

Matthew Wallace

I need to create a dashboard (or view or worksheet) that let's me see a visualization of sales by category and year AS WELL AS a table containing a few key metrics aggregated by category. I can get a workaround by just arranging the sheets next to one another in a dashboard and fitting both to 'entire view'. Unfortunately, my real data set has more rows than will fit in a single screen, so I need to be able to scroll while keeping the displayed data matched up, and I'd like the user to be able to sort the dashboard in a way that applies to both sheets in the dashboard.

I've attached a sample workbook. The "workaround dashboard" is basically what I'm trying to achieve (as long as the user doesn't try to sort anything), and the "failcase dashboard" shows why it doesn't really work if the user needs to be able to scroll or sort).

I feel like this is something I should be able achieve with a combination chart, but I don't know how to make it happen in this case.

Another way to put the question: If I have two worksheets with the same rows dimension (e.g. category), but one sheet is a table aggregated by category and the other is (for example) a bar graph with an addition dimension as columns (e.g. year) is it possible to create a combination chart that will display one next to the other while keeping the rows matched up? Or is there another way to get what I'm after?