You can find this approach here:
I used it to create this dashboard:
You can select on the icons and that will change the sheet displayed. You can download the workbook to see how it works.
Make sure to use your images as the shapes and it should work as you want.
Hope this helps (if it does please mark it as right answer so other users can find it).
I am gone try this and let you know.
Even after reading the blog and following your workbook, I am not able to understand how it works.
By using your approach I know for sure we can do it and your answer works but I have tried it with sample superstore data set but still no success for me. I have used only 4 sheets, 2 containing worksheets with images and two with simple graphs. One for profit and one for sales. Could you please explain how to use the 0Zero and 1One fields and dashboard action filters in specific order? I have tried many permutations but I am lost now. If you could please explain in simple terms, it would be a great help.
3 of 3 people found this helpful
Step by step:
1) Create buttons. Simple calculations as shown. One for sales another for profit (the one for profit called Profit Button and has "Profit" inside).
2) Create a sheet called Sales Button which will work as the button for sales. It has the sales button calculation in detail and the marks card is formatted as shape and the shape is the picture you are using (shapes can be added to your Tableau Repository Folder in the "Shapes" folder).
3) Repeat step 2 for profit.
4) Create the "action" calculated field. One called 0zero and other 1One. Make sure they are discrete and dimension. Create calculations as following:
5) In your sales button and profit button worksheets configure the marks card as following:
6) Add your buttons and your other worksheets to the dashboard.
7) Create the selection action as following. This will make sure that when you select one of the icons it will show that. Do it for both profit and sales. Pay attention to the configuration of selected fields.
8) Create the actions that will make sure that the other worksheet doesn't display. Again, pay attention to the configuration of selected fields.
I hope that clarifies things a bit more.
If you find it helpful please make sure to mark as helpful and correct answer it so other users can find it.
If you have any more questions do not hesitate on asking.
Now I am getting what was wrong with my thinking. I am extremely thankful to you.
This also helped me in improving my knowledge of Action filters.
Thanks again for your persistent efforts.
I am glad you were able to solve the issue. Always keep learning!