3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2019 12:11 PM by Data Analyst

Custom 3 month repurchase rate

Kate Kothe

Hi –

I have gotten a bit stuck and decided to reach out for some help.  I am trying to create a view or data set that would show how many customers who purchased in a three-month period came back and purchased in the following three-month period.   I tried looking through the forums and didn’t find exactly what I was looking for.  I can’t write to our DB, so I am wondering if this is something I should do with Prep.

For example:

For December 2018 –

• My prior three-month customers pool would be anyone who made a purchase from July 2018 through September 2018. (the denominator)
      • I would then see how many of those customers made a purchase in October 2018 through December 2018. 
      • Looking at the superstore data, it looks like there were roughly 345 people who made a purchase July 2018 through September 2018.  Of those – 185 made a purchase October 2018 through December 2018. 
      • This would be a relatively slow-moving metric as the following month would have a lot of data overlap with the prior month.

I don’t have a specific example workbook, as the superstore data will work, and I will just tailor to my data after.  Thanks for the help!