3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2019 6:01 PM by Kelly Kirkpatrick

YoY Change

Puja Doona

I'm sure this is a pretty simple calculation but I've been going nuts over this for last 3 days.

I have % as in col E and F as below:

And I want to calculate the difference like col H and I:

Any tips on how to fix this? Workbook attached.

• 1. Re: YoY Change
          Shinichiro Murakami

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: YoY Change
            Puja Doona

Thanks this works. This was the last option I had created before posting but I figured that I got the numerator value wrong, basically should have put everything in brackets

• 3. Re: YoY Change
              Kelly Kirkpatrick

Hi there -

Hoping you can  help me out w/ a similar situation.  I'm trying to show Year over Year variances, but also w/ the option of looking at it Day over Day or Date to Date.  I have a parameter set up for the selection of using Day over Day or Date to Date.  I also have another parameter set up to select your start year of what you want to compare.  This seems to be working, except for when a user picks more than 12 months or in this case; my May 2018 data will change if I select May 1 2018 - yesterday if I use the start year has May 1, 2018, if I use April 30, 2018 the data is correct.

Any insights or a better way to tackle YoY w/ the option of Day over Day and Date to Date?  I've attached the workbook.