I’m looking at a strange issue in Tableau drill-down reports and see if you can help me out. I'm using Tableau 10.2 version, and the data is Live (not an Extract) from the SQL DB server.
1. This is the main dashboard: https://qa-tableau.abc.com/#/views/Det/DetMetrics ,which has URL action defined as: https://qa-tableau.abc.com/#/views/Detail/<ReportName>?DKey=<DKey>&MKey=<MKey> for the drill-down report.
From the deployed Tableau report, I choose a value and try to drill to the detailed report from the browser (Chrome).
2. An error pop up as below. Also, the URL doesn’t show the field iid, which is supposed to be auto generated by Tableau server. https://qa-tableau.abc.com/#/views/Detail/DetailQ>?DKey=40&MKey=12
(on opening the console, this error was shown as: Failed to load resource: the server B3997C6238EB4FDDB5E84132013A729E-0:1:1 responded with a status of 500: Internal Server Error)
3. I open the detailed report separately and it opens just fine also with a random value for iid https://qa-tableau.abc.com/#/views/Detail/DetailQ&iid=3
4. I then go back to the main dashboard again and choose a value to drill-down, leaving the blank report open in the previous tab.
5. Now the detailed report with data opens fine with iid auto generated on the URL. https://qa-tableau.abc.com/#/views/Detail/DetailQ>?DKey=40&MKey=12&iid=2
I cleared my browser cache and tried to check this again. The same steps 1-5 above were repeated. However,
- After I open the detail report individually, and leave the tab open, if I choose to drill down from the main dashboard – no issues in drill down.
- After I open the detail report separately but close the tab and choose to drill down from the main dashboard – the drill down report doesn’t load at all.
I suspected this has to do with Tableau cache and tried the below steps discussed in other forums but nothing fruitful.
- I included “&refresh” option in URL actions, assuming this is due to cache but the data takes 12+mins to load, which is not acceptable as per our standards. Like this: https://qa-tableau.abc.com/#/views/Detail/<ReportName>?DKey=<DKey>&MKey=<MKey>&refresh
- I removed # from the URL and tried too, but the same error occurred. Like this: https://qa-tableau.abc.com/views/Detail/<ReportName>?DKey=<DKey>&MKey=<MKey>
- I also tried including a value for iid at the end of my URL (even though it wasn't advised to do so), but that too worked for once in my machine, but the user got the same error. Like this: https://qa-tableau.abc.com/#/views/Detail/<ReportName>?DKey=<DKey>&MKey=<MKey>&iid=1
While the page loads initially for the first time after deployment, I keep encountering this issue. The users have happily signed off UAT, considering the quality of data is correct. But I would like to know if this is a known issue or there can be anything changed to fix the code, before I move to Production.