Request the forum to help me to solve my issue . Here is the scenario
- Business users will run "Tableau" Reports that pull from our "Data-mart ( Of SQL Server 2016) "
- Tableau is configured "Impersonation " with "Windows Service account"
- Can the Tableau "User Name()" function return the True Windows User who is running the report
- our requirement is to get the user name (who is logged in / running report ) instead of getting the "ServiceAccount"
- we have some requirement to show data based on windows user ( Not on Service Account)
USERNAME() will give the username of the current user who logged into the tableau server.
Please let me know in case of any issues.
Please mark the answer as helpful and correct if it resolves your question.
Become a Viz Whiz on the Forums!
Support the Community and master Tableau.
Retrieving data ...