1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2019 12:11 PM by Joe Oppelt

In calculation detect if all filters are all selected

stephen conard

I need to create a calculated field to set a value for a reference line. In the calculated field I need to check if all filters have all selections made within each.

I tried to create this with the following:

IF (TOTAL( COUNTD( [Lot Category] ) ) = SUM( { FIXED : COUNTD( [Lot Category]  ) } ) AND

TOTAL( COUNTD( [Mfg Area] ) ) = SUM( { FIXED : COUNTD( [Mfg Area]  ) } ) AND

TOTAL( COUNTD( [Plan] ) ) = SUM( { FIXED : COUNTD( [Plan]  ) } ) AND

TOTAL( COUNTD( [Product Name] ) ) = SUM( { FIXED : COUNTD( [Product Name]  ) } ) AND

TOTAL( COUNTD( [Program Name] ) ) = SUM( { FIXED : COUNTD( [Program Name]  ) } ) AND

TOTAL( COUNTD( [Tech type] ) ) = SUM( { FIXED : COUNTD( [Tech type]  ) } ))

THEN SUM(INT([Track Out Goal Fab]) * 5)

ELSE NULL

END

But this did not work.

Thank you

• 1. Re: In calculation detect if all filters are all selected
          Joe Oppelt

I make two calcs (per dimension).

You have the FIXED concept right.

{ FIXED : COUNTD([dimension name]) } // gives you count in the data source.

I test what is on the sheet like this:

{ EXCLUDE [dimension1] (, [dimension2], [dimension-N]) : COUNTD([dimension name]) }

... where the list of dimensions includes all the dimensions that are used on the sheet.

Yes, you can nest them all into one giant calc.  I like to compartmentalize them into separate calcs.  That's just my preferred method.