3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2019 2:58 AM by Ciara Brennan

Tableau Prep 2019.1.1

Chaitanya Kulkarni

Hi Tableau Prep Community,

With the release of Tableau Prep 2019.1.1 we could pivot the rows to columns, add description to changes we make during the process of cleaning and other steps.

This will really help in preparing the data more easily, but before I update my Tableau Prep to 2019.1.1, want to know if there are any bugs, issues installing on Windows 2007?

When the 2018.3.3 version of Prep was released, after installing I had faced issues on Windows 2007. So I had to downgrade to 2018.3.2.

I was told the issue that I was facing is due to my Network configuration. But with same configuration it works with 2018.3.2.

Can I install 2019.1.1 on Windows 2007 error free?

Regards,

Chaitanya Kulkarni

Maraki Ketema

• 1. Re: Tableau Prep 2019.1.1
          Rodrigo Calloni

Hello

I dont think they can guarantee that at this moment with Tableau Prep.

I have most of versions installed on my Windows just in case I see if a version is crashing a lot I go back to an earlier one. Today I used 2019.1 and it was ok on Windows 10.

I would give it a try and fingers crossed it will work for you. Performance seems a bit improved on W10.

Rodrigo

• 2. Re: Tableau Prep 2019.1.1
            Chaitanya Kulkarni

Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for sharing your findings.

Actually I had this issue in Prep 2018.3.3 on Windows 2007, were Tableau Prep stopped running because an underlying process stopped unexpectedly. If this problem continues, try reinstalling the product."

Did followed the steps suggested by support. but didn't help at all.

So thought of posting in community before upgrading if anyone has given a try.

Is there a bug with Prep 2018.3.3 on Windows 7? Ciara Brennan

Regards,

Chaitanya

• 3. Re: Tableau Prep 2019.1.1
              Ciara Brennan

Hi Chaitanya, I haven't heard of a bug with 2018.3.3 and Win7. Did you get back on to Tech Support about it?

Thanks, Ciara