3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2019 11:24 PM by Sean Martin

Visualizing duplicates requiring multiple dimensions

Sean Martin

Hello experts,

I'm attempting to work on a new visualization and hitting a wall as to how to proceed.  Hopefully someone here with more experience than I will have some insights to help.

As a summary of what I'm trying to achieve:

- I have data of when customers use our assets

- In this data set, there are approximately 150 customers and approximately different 6,000 different assets across a 2 month period

- I'd like to show only where an asset have been used more than once in a day

To date, I haven't been able to find an effective way to calculate and visualize this.  The challenge seems to be showing number of uses by asset by customer by day - but only where the number of uses for a day is >= 2.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

*Edited to include workbook.*

• 1. Re: Visualizing duplicates requiring multiple dimensions
          pavan hm

Hi Sean,

This can be done. Pls attach the workbook with dummy data. I should be able to help you.

• 2. Re: Visualizing duplicates requiring multiple dimensions
            Jim Dehner

Hi Sean

you can do this with LOD expressions - not clear on the question - are you interested in customers that use any asset or they need to use the same asset more than once in a day

in any event start with and lod that looks at cutmers and day combinations - like {fixed [customer],[date]:countd(assets)}

will count the unique assets used by customer by day - then just filter for >=2

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 3. Re: Visualizing duplicates requiring multiple dimensions
              Sean Martin

Thanks for the responses.

I've now attached a "safe" version of the workbook with relevant data anonymised and non-relevant data removed.  As you can see, I'm struggling to find a good way to visualise this.

Ideally, I'm trying to show for a given day, the number of assets that have been played more than once in a day - and potentially how many times they were then played.  As an example, a chart showing the number of asset plays at a customer venue beyond one - per day - and then being able to drill down to each customer if needed.

Thanks for the tip with LOD expressions.  I haven't had much experience (or luck) with them to date, but will have a shot using your tip as a starting point.

Thanks again,

Sean