2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2019 7:48 AM by james.evans.10

Excluding data points in a sheet

james.evans.10

Hi All,

I'm working on a sheet that will be used for quality control. In the workbook attached youll see that I have given the end user the ability to filter to the level of granularity they'd like and see which points fall outside the shaded area. In some cases the end users would like to exclude certain points. I've created an example that will show you a case like this. I put an 'Exclusions' filter on the filter shelf as a context filter so if the two points are excluded the rest of the group will turn blue (pass).

The problem is that when I exclude those two points it also excludes them when I change the "prefix" filter from AB1 to AB2. In other words, under prefix AB1, iterations 1 & 3 fall outside the shaded area and should be excluded, but under prefix AB2, it is iterations 5, 7, & 9. But when I exclude 1 & 3 from prefix AB1 it also excludes them in the other prefixes.

I have a feeling this has something to do with the level of granularity but I cannot figure it out. Is there any way I can exclude points on AB1 without excluding them elsewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.