2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2019 7:21 AM by Lawrance Amburose

Tableau .twb or .twbx analyzer

Lawrance Amburose

Hi all,

How to export the list of charts with field name from tableau dashboard. Is there any tool to export the tableau workbook inventory? Please help me.

Thanks,

Lawrance A

• 1. Re: Tableau .twb or .twbx analyzer
          Ciara Brennan

Hi Lawrence, not sure if I completely understand your question - have you tried exporting to csv?

Export Data - Tableau

Export your data to .csv file

Because the .csv format is one of the most simple structured formats for data, it's supported by a wide range of tools, databases, and programming languages. Exporting your data in the Tableau data source using this format creates an independent data set and can be a convenient and flexible way to share your data with others.

There are two primary ways you can export your data in the data source to a .csv file in Tableau: from the Data Source page and from the view.

• From the Data Source page: On the Data Source page, select Data > Export Data to CSV to export all the data in your data source to .csv file.
          • From the view: On the sheet tab, drag a field to the Columns or Rows shelf, click the View Data icon in the Data pane, and click the Export All button.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau .twb or .twbx analyzer
            Lawrance Amburose

Thanks for your response. I have provided my expected results.

Object NameObject TypeDimension TypeDimension Name
            Profit by CountryBar ChartNamedCountry
            CalculatedProfit
            Sales by YearLine ChartNamedDate
            CalculatedSales

Thanks,

Lawrance A