What about using Superstore data to express your problem?
Here is some sample data ...
I need to be able to create sets called TopClients2016 and TopClients2017 (as filtered on their respective sheets) so that I can:
- Present the summary worksheet for just the Top Clients of 2017 and use that set to filter other sheets that will be following; and,
- Find the differences between the sets (ie: rank #1 client Jonathon Doherty in 2016 is not present as a top client in 2017)
Top20_SampleData.twbx 1.2 MB
Disregard, please. I can use fixed / manual sets to accomplish what I need to do, although it's more of a process than I wanted to do on an ongoing basis.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Here is the proposed solution, kindly download from the link. Kindly review and confirm, whether it answers your question in full
1. Year_Param - create parameter to select year
2. Create two Calculation fields: sales for selected year and sales for previous year by using the Year_Param
3. Create two sets: Top 10 customers using sales for selected year and another set Top 10 customers using sales for previous year
4. Next, create calculation field to get both sets of customers to view as below
IF [Top 10 Customers Previous Year] or [Top 10 Customers Selected Year]
5. next, create calculation field to select only two years to view
IF YEAR([Order Date])=[Year_Param] or YEAR([Order Date])=([Year_Param]-1)
6. Pull all these to the view and filters as given below. please note that sales to be taken twice to view, one as a sum and another one as rank (compute using customer name)
If as per your expectation, kindly mark as correct answer