3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2019 7:14 AM by corey neilson

Version issue

corey neilson

Is there anyway to open a v10.5 twbx file in 10.2?  I'm going to assume Tableau doesn't allow this functionality in an effort to get users to update/upgrade their software, but I wanted to see if there are any "work arounds" out there.  TIA.

• 1. Re: Version issue
          Jeff Strauss

The quick answer is, is it possible for you to upgrade to a newer version?

Newer versions of Tableau allow the save to earlier versions.  Here's a screenprint of what this looks like:

One possible workaround is to save the workbook as an unpackaged twb so that you can edit the underlying XML. then update any references of 10.5 to 10.2, but if you do this be very careful and also take a backup of your workbook prior to manual editing so you always have a fallback plan.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Version issue
            Jim Dehner

Hi Corey

starting with 10.5 Tableau was able to export back to to 10.2

the functionality had more to do with data structure -

2018.3 is the current version with significant functionality enhancements - set actions, better mapping  and others

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 3. Re: Version issue
              corey neilson

Thanks, Jeff & Jim, I appreciate it.