2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2019 11:03 AM by Tracy Rodgers Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Table of contents

huifong.teh

Tracy Rodgers

Hi Tracy,

Is there any workaround other than creating a single worksheet for each TOC entry?

I have the following suggestions in my mind.

1. Could it be possible to add action on the Text/Image object instead of a worksheet?

2. In Tableau 2018, there is a Button object in the Dashboard. However we can only configure the image of the button. Could it be possible to configure the button as Text too?

Understand it would not impact the user experience but having this feature added will definitely make Tableau more user friendly. Thank you.

Regards,

Hui Fong

• 1. Re: Table of contents
          Sankarmagesh Rajan

Hi Hui

Now we have to add sheet and get action filter and if we use any object from dashboard it could be a static. new version added with click event and we will wait for new version and updates.

Thanks

sankar

• 2. Re: Table of contents
            Tracy Rodgers

Hi Hui,

You can't currently add an action to the text/image. However, there are a couple of ways around this. The first option is to create a worksheet that with the text you want, and add that to the dashboard, making it act as a "button." Another option, would be to upload an image in the Button object that has the text you want to use built in.

If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend checking to see if the idea exists in the Ideas section to vote up, and if not, create the idea yourself!

Happy new year!

-Tracy