1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2019 9:39 AM by Nick Parsons

Incorporate formating in cell instead of displaying the code

Jason Woodward

I'm running into an issue where one of the Dimensions I'm trying to display in a spreadsheet is displaying all of the text formatting.  Is there a way to have Tableau incorporate that formatting and display the text in that format?

For example, one entry is displayed as follows:

Comment (BILD) Comments Revised Invoice Number Long Name Month, Day, Year of Trans Date Measure Names Name Original Comment PM Name Wbs1 Measure Values Check

"<span CreatedFromTXTextControl=""1"" style=""font-family:Arial;font-size:8pt;"">

<p style=""text-indent:0pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;margin-right:0pt;line-height:100%;"" xmlns=""http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml""><span style=""font-family:'Helvetica';font-size:10pt;color:#FF0000;"">Continue to assist in preparing report and photolog</span></p>

Instead of all the code, I'd like to see just comment the employee created, which in this case would be:

"Continue to assist in preparing report and photolog[sic]"

I've tried creating formulas to filter out all the formatting, but there are so many different entries, and some have formatting changes mid entry, so I don't want to take the time to filter out every option.  If someone could please help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason