3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 6:11 AM by maneesh.gaddam

Joint data aggregation

ANA HRISTOVA

Hi

I'm very very new to Tableau and tasked with creating a Salesforce dashboard for my team. We are a consulting team and use SF to answer customer queries. For each sub-category we have a SLA (number of days in which the ticket must be resolved). I have managed to connect to the SF database and found the metrics I need, except for the SLA table as this is not part of SF, just something my team does. I have used an Excel spreadsheet to map the SLAs to each Sub-category and then created a relationship between the SF database and the Excel using Sub-Categories.

So far so good but here comes what I'm struggling with:

I need to create a sheet that shows our SLA adherence in % for each sub-cat but the "Age of case" field is a calculated field I have created the SF database data and "SLA in Days" is a field from the Excel file, so when I try to create a calculated field that shows me how many cases out of the total cases are SLA compliant I get an error message about sum(or count - i tried both) being aggregations that cannot be used with another aggregation.

Could you please help with any suggestions what to do?

Thanks,

Ana

• 1. Re: Joint data aggregation
          maneesh.gaddam

Ana,

Can you attach a sample workbook? From what you said, it looks like you're aggregating on a aggregate which Tableau won't allow. You can use a level of detail function to bring down aggregate to fact and then apply another aggregate on top of it but we need to see how your data is structured.

• 2. Re: Joint data aggregation
            ANA HRISTOVA

Hi Maneesh,

Thank you for your reply.

As per your suggestion I attempted a LOD but it didn't work as the data is from two different sources. The sample book can be found on this link - I needed to use wetransfer as the file was too large to upload.

As stated in the original question, what I am trying to achieve is figuring out how many cases meet the SLA for each Sub Category both in % and in absolute terms.

Any potential suggestions/ solutions are welcome!

Thanks,

Ana

• 3. Re: Joint data aggregation
              maneesh.gaddam

Ana,

I can't get to workbook as our internet is blocking it. Can you create a small subset of data say with 100/1000 rows and upload it  here?