Please vote up the idea at the end
How to view the SQL queries issued from Tableau to the data source.
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
Option 1: Use the Performance Recording Feature
For more information, see Create a Performance Recording
for Tableau Desktop and Create a Performance Recording
for Tableau Server.
Option 2: Review the Logs
In Tableau Desktop:
- Navigate to the Logs folder inside the My Tableau Repository folder.
- By default, the My Tableau Repository can be found inside the My Documents folder on Windows or the Documents folder on a Mac.
- If you have a live connection to the data source, check the log.txt and tabprotosrv.txt files.
- If you are using an extract, check the tdeserver.txt file.
- The tabprotosrv.txt file often shows detailed information about queries.
In Tableau Server:
- Generate a snapshot of Server logs.
- Unzip the archive logs.zip file.
- Navigate to the vizqlserver folder.
- Search for lines containing begin-query in the .txt files.
To voice your support for the inclusion of this feature in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Show SQL Code
Please mark the answer if helpful so that it can help others as well