I build a WDC and it works perfectly on the Simulator, but I cannot get it to work inside of Tableau.
I have been troubleshooting this for quite some time but I cannot figure it out.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Here is the Connector:
And it's live at:
I am able to use it as expected with the Simulator - works as expected
1. Go To Simulator:
2. Enter the connector URL:
3. Start Interactive Phase
4. Click Get Data
5. rocess is Aborted and Restarted in auth mode
6. Token is entered (7419a34711c3b15b1d8793ef6221e2b080e6944c)
7. Data is requested successfully
Now when I go to tableau - does not enter auth mode
1. Create a new connection, Select Web Data Connector
3. Click Get Data
4. Tableau Error: Bad Connection: Missing Password
Alternatively, if you start auth mode explicitly first it works as well.
Message was edited by: GUI TALARICO
This sounds like this sort of issue - WDCs get hung up in Tableau · Issue #150 · tableau/webdataconnector · GitHub
I think the issue will relate to needing to use https:// vs http:// to get it to work.
Become a Viz Whiz on the Forums!
Support the Community and master Tableau.
Retrieving data ...