5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 8:24 AM by Ken Flerlage

Flow of funds

kshitij.nagarkar

I am struggling to create sankey chart with the attached dataset, if anyone could help in this then it would be great.

Explaination of dataset:

-- Categories is in

product_flow_to_fund_desc

column

-- Subcategories is from column D to column J

-- Filter will be date_pull (so at a time we will do this for a single month)

-- prior_month_amount is the balance

Flow example::

The first row of excel file is:

date_pullproduct_flow_to_fund_descprior_month_amountoutflow amountTo_AAATo_BBBTo_CCCTo_DDDTo_EEETo_Other
      7/31/2018CCC2378470032000001905000

Which means for product_flow_to_fund_desc as 'CCC' (which will be on left side of sankey chart) the amount was '237847'  out of which '32000' went to 'To_CCC' (it will be subcategory on right side of sankey chart)

and '190500' went to 'To_Other' (it will be subcategory on right side of sankey chart) . So this is the flow which I want see.

This example was just for one row, what i want to do is basically for any given date (i.e. 7/31/2018) take one category (i.e. from column product_flow_to_fund_desc), sum up the column 'prior_month' and

then sum up the individual columns from column D to column J. So we can see how much was the balance in category and how much of that flowed in each sub-category.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.