5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2019 6:15 AM by Neilson Leslie

JMeter problems....

Paul Warnes

Hi,

I'm getting this error when attempting to run JMeter.bat on a Win10 machine.

C:\TabJolt>".\jre\bin\java.exe" -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=50 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=2    -jar "C:\TabJolt\bin\ApacheJMeter.jar"

An error occurred: Prohibited package name: java.main.com.tableausoftware.hostedutils

Searching has drawn a blank and java is my least favourite subject ... What's causing the prohibited package name issue?

Thanks!

Paul

• 1. Re: JMeter problems....
          patrick.byrne.0

Hello Paul,

Does this error message still occur when attempting to use TabJolt on the Tableau Server? I did some research and have not found any information on working around this error.

To provide better information and potential workarounds can you please share the version of Tableau Server this is occurring on?

Cheers,

Byrne, Patrick

Community Manager

Tableau Software

• 2. Re: JMeter problems....
            Paul Warnes

Hi Patrick,

Apologies for the delayed response!

I'm running this on my local Windows 10 machine, connecting to a remote Tableau server.  The problem only only occurs with the TabJolt 2018.2.0 installer, JMeter works fine with the 10.3,10.4,10.5 installer.

To get things working (initial tests were against a 10.3 server) I installed the older Tabjolt, configured a custom .jmx file and ran my tests fine.  We've now upgraded to Tableau server 2018.3.3 so have uninstalled the original Tajbolt, installed the 2018.2.0 version and ran the tests again which all works BUT if I want to run Jmeter I still get the original issue....

I'll try installing Tabjolt 2018.2.0 on the server to see if I can get jmeter working there, copy the .jmx back to my local machine and run it there.

• 3. Re: JMeter problems....
              Paul Warnes

Hi Patrick,

I've just tried Tabjolt 2018.2.0 on our Tableau 2018.3.3 server and get the same error.  A quick word with a Java dev suggests the package will never work due to that name.

Have you got a confirmed working Tabjoilt 2018.2.0 installer I could try as that appears to be the culprit?

Thanks,

Paul

• 4. Re: JMeter problems....
                patrick.byrne.0

Hello Paul,

I will need to reach out to some internal resources on Tabjolt to see if they can provide some insight. Though I would be surprised if this is rooted in the installer due to the lack of other users reporting the issue. This might be caused by something in the environment.

Will update once I have more information to share.

Cheers,

Byrne, Patrick

Community Manager

Tableau Software

• 5. Re: JMeter problems....
                  Neilson Leslie

Hi Patrick,

I am also experiencing the same problem as Paul.  I installed the TabJolt 2018.2 directly into our Tableau Server with version 2019.1.

I am having issues launching JMeter.  From what I can see there are two ways you can launch it;

1. By batch file - D:\Tabjolt\bin\Jmeter.bat
                  2. By command line - ".\jre\bin\java.exe" -jar "D:\tabjolt\bin\ApacheJMeter.jar"

I am getting the following error message when I executed the command line execution (the batch file just returns errorlevel 3 and doesn't describe the issue);

An error occurred: Prohibited package name: java.main.com.tableausoftware.hostedutils

Like Paul, i've been digging around for a few days to find a solution and java isn't my strongest language either.  I figure it helps to know that others are also seeing the same problem.

Thanks,

Neilson