1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2018 11:39 AM by kevin flerlage

Change theme while in the dashboard.

joe major

Hi,   We have a need to change a theme once published.  The idea is to be able to change a black background to white or NONE, and change the white font to black just before hitting the print button.

I know there are copy formatting options while working on the dashboard(s), before it's published, but I can't figure out how to set it up so that once it's published and the user views the dashboard, he/she can now "hit" a toggle of some sort, changing the black background to white and change the white fonts to black.

They will be printing to a PDF.

Thanks and let me know.

• 1. Re: Change theme while in the dashboard.
          kevin flerlage

I personally believe the easiest way to accomplish this is by duplicating your dashboard, making the color changes you like, then link the two via a dashboard navigation button.  It is so simple to do...not complicated at all...and you have all the flexibility in the world.

I recently wrote about this in the blog post linked below.  The blog walks through an example of using this technique to build collapsible menus, but at the bottom there is a list of all kinds of use cases, including color theming.  As a side note, this blog post includes a link to my brother's blog that discusses an alternative way to do color themes. 

Let me know if this works out for you!

https://www.kevinflerlage.com/2018/12/easily-create-collapsible-menus-sheet.html