1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2019 1:04 PM by Jim Dehner

Blend multiple joins

An Van Laer

I'm trying to blend multiple joins and that isn't working.

In our organisation we have a list of all locations, with some extra data (like postal info, region, ...) and then i have reports for a certain period.  These reports contains registration data for activities that went on a certain location.

When i join the first list with a report that all works fine.

But now i want to combine different reports, so i tried making a new data source with a join of the same list and a different report.  I linked all the columns, but when i try to calculate the number of activities on a certain location, tableau only uses data from one data source.  I also notice when i make a new worksheet the links are also undone. 

What am i doing wrong? 

I've included a simple version of what i am trying to do (and deleted all personal data).

• 1. Re: Blend multiple joins
          Jim Dehner

Hi

I looked at the data and the report - it does seem to load data from each source - in the second report there is a DOJO "Brussels" that does not have a match in the first file so it is being eliminated based on the Join - if you want it in the data the right join the files to include the complete data set

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.