I have not had your issue, but I have had other small bugs like this and it can be frustrating finding out what is throwing them. So something must be causing that field to hang on. If you restart prep and it remains, then it isn't a cached data issue, it has to be inherent to the flow. So it could be in the data source, the data output, or somewhere in the middle. can you include a screen grab of your entire flow, not just the one panel? What type are your data sources and data output(s)?
Would it be possible to quickly rebuild the flow and see if the issue remains?
Thanks Eric -
I've done the standard things I do with prep - rebooted my computer, cleared the log files, reinstalled Prep and can still produce the problem.
I have had the issue with both a connection to Teradata, Oracle, and Excel.
I don't have an output step in the flow.
I've had the issue in multiple flows.
It is odd - I opened a support ticket for it yesterday.
Appreciate you getting back to me on this!
Ok, now i am curious...Kate, how do you use Prep if you don't have an output step?
This is a flow I was developing and I didn’t see the point in adding an output step when I was getting an error before I got to the point where I was ready to add an output.
Did you solve this? I had the same problem and realised that when I right click and select remove, it creates code to remove it (see changes list), but it stays there. To actually remove it I have to click and drag it off the field.
no had a call with support so they could see the issue. will let you know when I hear back.
I'm having a number of annoying issues in 2018.3.2 I think for my sanity I am going back to a prior version.
I'm now getting an error when I try to output an aggregate joined back to details with the ever so helpful System error:null
I had a call with support and they were able to replicate this issue.
I had the same issue when I clicked on 'Remove Field'.
What you should do instead is to click on 'GROUP' then click 'Remove'.