1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 27, 2018 1:56 PM by Jim Dehner

Double Filter for Finance Dashboard

Hannah Phillips

I have a finance dashboard for reviewing revenue by geography and product line, however I am having issues with creating a double filter to look at Product by Geography.  Every time you click on one dimension (either Product or Geography) the other filter is removed.  Is it possible to do a double filter on a dashboard?  If so, how? 

• 1. Re: Double Filter for Finance Dashboard
          Jim Dehner

Hi Hannah

Filters remove records from the underlying table for the viz - if the record contains the field that is filtered "Out" the record is gone - so the short answer is no you can't do what you want with filters - but you can do it with sets - sets will group records into those with the field "IN" and those that don't - all records are still available - you can then combine the sets or use them in conditional statements with OR or AND logic connecting the sets = e.g   IN set for Geography AND  IN set for product -

If you post your book - even with some dummy data - i'll look at it

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.