1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2018 10:18 AM by Don Wise

How to write a calculation to find out the total sales and its percentage weekly wise for the third quarter in a year.

siva sandeep

Hi all.

How to write a calculation to find out the total sales and its percentage for the third quarter weekly wise for a specific year using the Sample Superstore data set. Please let me know. Many thanks!

Regards,

Siva.

• 1. Re: How to write a calculation to find out the total sales and its percentage weekly wise for the third quarter in a year.
          Don Wise

Hello Siva,

You can use the below screenshot as a starting point in Superstore Sales.  The calculation would be similar to: IF datepart('quarter',[Order Date])=3 THEN [Sales] END

Then drag in your Order Date pills as necessary to build the view by Year/Week etc.  In this case I did a parameter to pick the year.  Sum of Sales Q3 is the calculation I noted prior.  Drag another instance of it using Quick Table Calc for Percent of Total and use Table Down.

If this answers your question please mark this response as correct. Thx, Don

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 10.11.08 AM.png

As validation for the calculation, the following shows the Q3 total in addition to other quarters totaled, just to show the value in the preceding screenshot is correct.

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 10.12.00 AM.png

I also did a Parameter Filter which is dragged to Filters:

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 10.17.28 AM.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful