2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2018 6:41 AM by manny juan

requesting help regarding tabname (desired) invisibility

manny juan

(SORRY I SUBMITTED IT TO THE WRONG FORUM AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO CORRECT IT)

We have a dashboard (mini version supplied), published in our server with the tabs shown.  The overview dashboard contains 2 worksheets: the pie chart called Main Event and a text table called “Production Issues” which has an action (on select) assigned to it so it displays the filtered rows  unto the worksheet called “Production Issues Filter Results”. 

Since this is the splash page (which will contain a few more major dashboards), we don’t want the tab labelled “Production Issues Filter Results” to be visible.  Is there a way to make it invisible from this view but still maintain its functionality as the target sheet for the action coming from the production_issues worksheet?

I've tried hiding it during publishing to server but it remains totally hidden so the action script won't even find it.  I've tried putting the components of a story but the action from the overview cannot refer to the detail and don't really hide the tab from view.

Thank you for your support.

Manny Juan

Digital Teller and ATM Technology (DTAT) | Digital Patronage Banking and Insights (DPBI)

Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)

bmtiny splash.PNGbmtiny details.PNG

• 1. Re: requesting help regarding tabname (desired) invisibility
          Don Wise

Hi Manny,

This is a bit of a workaround, but it might help...remove your worksheet title on the tab; double-click the tab and replace the verbiage with a simple symbol of some type. In the example below, I replaced it with a forward slash.  Then go to Title of worksheet and Edit Title then select the Worksheet Name and change the font from black to white.  See if that works on publication to server or if it still gives you the title name of '/'?  Thx, Don

Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 9.29.56 AM.png

• 2. Re: requesting help regarding tabname (desired) invisibility
            manny juan

I actually did something like that – I renamed the tab title to a single dot (.) and moved the tab to far left so it’s not so noticeable and it works only for those who link to our splash page directly – but for those who navigate by project..then folder.. the first icon that shows is the detail page.

I think what we need is a popup sheet that shows up only on demand.

Manny Juan

Digital Teller and ATM Technology (DTAT) | Digital Patronage Banking and Insights (DPBI)

Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)