1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2018 4:45 AM by Jim Dehner

Keep Ranking within Tooltip in a separate Worksheet

Ralf Rattay

Hi there,

I'm kind of desperate and not sure, if there is a solution. But I hope :-)

I have a ranking of football teams:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 12.42.58.png

The ranking is fixed, so if I exclude a team, the rank is still the same:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 12.43.10.png

So far so good. Now, I want to include the rank within a portfolio via tooltip embed. But now, the ranking is not working, it shows always "1" as a rank:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 12.43.35.png

Does anyone have an idea? I've attached the workbook

Thanks a lot and cheers,

Ralf

• 1. Re: Keep Ranking within Tooltip in a separate Worksheet
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

Ranking and the lookup filter are table calculations that are at the bottom of the order of operations - all the filtering precedes the table calculations - when you are using the Sheet in viz features you are trying to filter from one sheet to another -  with the tooltip action you are passing the Team from the first sheet to the second and it filters the table so only the one team remains -

the lookup filter will not pass from one sheet to another - you can't pass a filter based on a table calculation - it is based on the underlying table for the individual sheet'

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.