2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2018 10:56 AM by Dinesh Parthiban

One dynamic color legend for multiple worksheet in one dashboard

Dinesh Parthiban

Hi, I have 2 string parameter Start Year and End Year which i use to control multiple sheets on dashboard. Each sheet for each parameter option.

2017-2018

2022-2027

All these sheets share a same color mark call "Status". In a dashboard i want to show a single color legends that changes depending on the actual color of sheets in dashboard. I created a separate sheet and used the below calculated field, but it's not working because i have string option due to 2017-2018 & 2022-2027. I cannot break this because the dashboard does not have space to show 10 sheets having vertical table data.

IF Year >= [Start Year] AND Year <= [End Year]) THEN TRUE

ELSE

FALSE

END

• 1. Re: One dynamic color legend for multiple worksheet in one dashboard
          Shinichiro Murakami

Hi Dinesh,

I am not sure what is the issue.

Could you please illustrate current problem and expected results.

If possible attaching sample data as twbx is the best help.

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: One dynamic color legend for multiple worksheet in one dashboard
            Dinesh Parthiban

Hi,

Sorry can't attach the workbook. I'll explain in details.

1)  I have 5 worksheets where each shows data only related to that year (they are basically a text table). The name of the sheet corresponds to the year of  data it holds.

2)  There are many columns in each tables on each sheet. But they all share a important column called "Status" which is used to highlight in color

ex: Incomplete - Red, Complete - Green, Inprogress - Yellow etc

3)  I placed all 5 worksheet in the dashboards as vertical containers.

4)  I created a 2 string parameter called a) Start Year b) End Year. This will allow users to dynamically remove or show these worksheet in the dashboard

ex: If users selects start date as 2017-2018 and End year as 2020. There will be only first 3 sheet. This allows users to take snapshot for their presentation.

4) Since i am using color for an important dimension "Status". I need a color legends that dynamically changes depending on the sheets. (ie). If all data between Start year 2017-2018 and End year 2020 as only Complete. It should not show Red or Yellow in the legends.