1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2018 7:43 AM by Joe Oppelt

Show images depends upon the filter

arvind jain

Hi All,

Good morning!!!

I have multiple pictures that shows that work flow of different different projects. Like this we have 10 - 20 workflow pictures

Now In tableau I want something like.

If a user select a project from the filter then automatically work flow diagram load in tableau server.

Please do let me know if this is possible.

• 1. Re: Show images depends upon the filter
          Joe Oppelt

You are using the Image object to display the picture, right?

You can pop out an object (any sort of object) if you can create a condition you can detect in a calc.  And the selection of a value from a dimension filter is something you can detect.

In this thread I have linked several demonstration videos that show swapping and popping.  Video #2 is the one that is doing what you need to do.

New series of videos on swapping and popping on a dashboard

In my example I'm using a parameter value to control the popping, but you can make a calc field to do the same thing.  To pop out image-1, do an EXCLUDE LOD to see if any row has the value for that project.  If so, then the condition is TRUE and the pop-out sheet will display and push out the image object.

If you struggle with implementing this, upload a sample workbook that simulates what you have and I can show you.  (Even just a workbook using Superstore and substituting [State] for [Project] would work here.)