Sometimes I find when the data is "too big" that Prep just doesn't respond. I haven't found a remedy yet though
My prep flow is extremely complicated (and honestly should probably be written as another table/view in Redshift) although the tables I'm accessing aren't particularly large. I actually suspect it's a connection issue on my end but not being able to stop the flow is exasperating.
I have issues saving flows as well. I have two large data tables and one small table I am trying to clean, join and load into desktop. I created three individual tableau prep files that conduct 90% of the cleaning, filtering, and removing unnecessary columns before creating individual .hyper extracts. Then I have a final prep file that joins the 3 .hyper extracts, does the remaining 10% of data prep, and then attempts to extract the final output to .hyper so I can use in desktop.
The performance is so slow and have the time I cannot save my final prep file. The two large .hyper extracts are around 500mb (6-8 million rows) a piece and the small is only a few kb.