1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2018 8:12 AM by patrick.byrne.0

RAG status tracking and comparison

Liz Gent

Hi, I have a number of projects mapped in my worksheet in a RAG status i.e. red, amber, green this is displayed numerically in the data source as 1, 2, 3.   I want to be able to show the RAG status of each project in colour terms - so assigning a colour to each number and each project.  But I also want to compare each month's RAG status to the previous months so I can see movement in status.  can anyone help me on how to do this as im new to Tableau and teaching myself. I would ideally like this as two graphics to go onto the one dashboard.

Many thanks.  Liz

• 1. Re: RAG status tracking and comparison
          patrick.byrne.0

Hello Liz!

First off, welcome to the wonderful world of Tableau! There are plenty of amazing resources out there for learning Tableau. I would definitely not be afraid to check out any and all things available!

Tableau has some great options in the Learning section of Tableau.com : Learning | Tableau Software

There is also the phenomenal Think Data Thursday program hosted by Patrick Van Der Hyde and myself on Thursdays throughout the year. Stay up to date on #TDTs by following the Community space.

+ Think Data Thursday

Also check out all the amazing past Think Data Thursday in our playlist found here: Think Data Thursday & Talk Data - YouTube

I would also check out the Tableau Community Forums workbook library and wiki: Workbook & Calculation Library & TabWiki .

There are some groups on Twitter that also do a great job of expanding knowledge with weekly challenges. Check out the hashtags #MakeOverMonday and #WorkoutWednesday.

For this particular question and for future posts, I would suggest attaching a packaged workbook, this allows the Community to get a clear understanding of what is being encountered. This can lead to quicker assistance on the issue as well.

Packaged workbooks: when, why, how

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Byrne, Patrick

Community Manager

Tableau Software