3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2018 1:58 PM by tanvi khanna

Sheet swapping - Dynamically resize sheets

Rohan Bapat

Hi,

I'm attempting sheet swapping using the approach outline by Joe Oppelt here - We made a video of Sheet Swapping and Legend/Filter Popping on a dashboard.

Unfortunately, my sheets do not dynamically resize when I switch the parameter. Below are the screenshots -

As you can see, the sheets do not dynamically resize on switching the parameter filter. How can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Sheet swapping - Dynamically resize sheets
          Joe Oppelt

That's a vertical container they're in, right?

Or have you placed them as tiled objects?

You want the swapping sheets all in the same container. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sheet swapping - Dynamically resize sheets
            Rohan Bapat

Ahh now I see where I went wrong - they were in a tiled container and not a vertical container. I thought since I had put them inside a container and they were vertically aligned, that automatically makes it a vertical container. Thanks for clarifying that! Have a good weekend

• 3. Re: Sheet swapping - Dynamically resize sheets
              tanvi khanna

Hi Joe,

I have landed into a simple but very time consuming issue on sheet swapping. I have been trying since past 4 hours and now asking for help. because my dashboard is functional wouldn't be able to share it

I have a busy and functional dashboard with 6 items to be compared by 5 different measures and since each items have different sample sizes for filtering I had to make each sheet (item1-measure1 combination)

2 sheets have counter filters so that only one is active at a time

below is the layout - each item-measure has a container with 2 sheets in them

items    measure1                                  measure 2           measure 3            measure 4        measure 5

item 1   container 1 (2 sheets)                c7 (2 sheets)

item 2   container 2 (2 sheets)                c8 (2sheets)

item 3   c3 (2 sheets)

item 4

item 5

item 6

I was successfully able to swap sheets based on filters for each container in measure 5 (added images below)

however, am stuck while placing 2 sheets in a vertical container for other measures (added images below)

I don't understand why this happens and not able to fix it.

I made sure, titles are hidden, the height is not fixed, using vertical containers and row has atleast one pill - any help from your experience is highly appreciated!!!

1. images to that depict unsuccessful swap - the N/A sheet should occupy entire container but does not

this is enlarged view. in actual dashboard the container is height = 90, so NA is not seen

the dotted line is sitting in the middle not towards the edge - like in next image (pt 2)

left = enlarged

right = actual

2. images to depict successful swap

here the dotted line sits exactly at the top and when another filter is selected, the sheet gets successfully swapped occupying the same area - both swapped in same size (as in your videos)