3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2018 12:38 AM by Donna Coles

ineed total reports

sai krishna

howto get the total reports ,worbooks ,user access,projects reports in tableau at once???

• 1. Re: ineed total reports
          Donna Coles

Hi there

Your question is a bit vague, so I will respond based on how I'm intepreting it, which is ...

" I would like to display a summary view of the data stored on our Tableau Server.  I want to include the following information : total number of views, total no of workbooks, total number of users, total number of projects".

All of this information is available on Tableau Server on various screens, but not on a single display/dashboard, which is what I assume you want.

Therefore, you will need to create your own dashboard which sources from the Tableau postgres database to access the information you need.

To open up the Tableau database (the repository) see here Re: Tableau Server Postgres Repository (Note this is relevant to v2018.3 as it uses TSM - you may need to reference other docs for earlier versions).

To understand what's in the Tableau postgres database , see here  Re: Tableau Server Postgres Repository

To get you started with minimal effort, use the data sources Matt Coles has already curated - see here Shareable Data Sources for Tableau Server

Hope that gets you on your way

Regards

Donna

• 2. Re: ineed total reports
            sai krishna

Hi Donna,

Actually i want  the report card it should have the total reports,total work books,and total projects i need this all should display in one report

• 3. Re: ineed total reports
              Donna Coles

Hi Sai

Apologies, but I don't understand what you mean by 'the report card'.

You're going to need to develop something yourself, that connects to data from the postgres database, and presents the information on a dashboard for you to publish to Tabeau server.  All the information above should help you get to what you need to do this.

Regards

Donna