2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2018 10:53 AM by frees.frees

Regarding Data Source location(Tableau storing a copied data somewhere else and not using the one from my original desktop Location)

Janice Ip

So I contacted my data from a file on my desktop and I made some changes and i tried to refresh it and it won't show up. (I had my data live)

This is when I realized that the data source was not directed to the data source on my desktop but to a copy of the data somewhere tableau repository.

I had to go through all my data source and connect back to the ones on my desktop

I notice that the despite all the data coming from the same source (same folder on the desktop),

Tableau was saving the files in different location in the repository

It had 3 file in one folder and the other 2 in another.

I made the conclusion that it might be cause I had the tableau workbook as a packaged workbook

I need these data to extract live and I've never had this problem. I don't want to goes through this again and having to refresh all the connect one by one for all 10 sources.

Any thought and recommendation?

• 2. Re: Regarding Data Source location(Tableau storing a copied data somewhere else and not using the one from my original desktop Location)

Broadening Formations Right Angled and Ascending and trading signals

1. Shape. The overall shape of the formation looks like a megaphone with one side horizontal.
            Horizontal bottom support line. The bottom of the formation follows
            a horizontal trend line, while an up-sloping trend line bounds the top side.
            Up-sloping top trend line. The top trend line touches at least two
            minor highs. The horizontal trend line also shows two minor low touches as
            prices descend to the trend line. The various touch points help define the boundary of the formation.

Premature breakouts. I define premature breakouts to be prices that
          close outside the formation boundary but return before the formation ends

Price action before breakout. In some ascending broadening formations,
          prices make higher highs and form a solid, horizontal base at the start but
          then move sideways for many months. Eventually, prices rise above the formation
          top or slide through the bottom trend line and stage a breakout.

Downward breakout. Once a breakout occurs, a pullback sometimes
          happens. Prices may continue moving up but they usually bounce off the lower
          trend line and continue back down. A pullback gives investors another opportunity
          to short the stock or add to their short position. Before shorting, however,
          make sure the pullback is complete and prices are declining once again.

Measure rule. The measure rule predicts a target price. Compute the
          height, the difference between the highest high and the horizontal trend line
          in the formation. For upward breakouts, add the height to the highest high in
          the pattern. For downward breakouts, subtract this value from the value of the
          horizontal trend line. The result is the target price.

Wait for confirmation. If you own a forex pairs and it shows a broadening
          pattern, get worried. Many times the breakout will be downward, so be ready
          to sell. Only sell when the price closes below the horizontal trend line. Premature
          breakouts are rare, but they do occur. Do not be fooled; wait for a close
          below the lower trend line.

Intraformation forex trading signals . If the pattern is tall enough, consider trading
          between the two trend lines. Buy after prices bounce off the lower trend line
          and sell after they turn down at the top. If you are lucky, the pattern will breakout
          upward and you can ride prices even higher. Use progressive stops to protect
          your profits. When the fx climbs above the nearest minor high, raise
          your stop to just below the prior minor low. That
          trading strategy should give the
          forex pair or gold price plenty of wiggle room.