2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2018 11:01 AM by Toby Erkson

Additional nodes are not authorized

Jeffrey Cleveland

I'm in the process of installing Tableau server 2018.3 on new hardware running Windows Server 2016. The run as user I'm using has admin permissions right now as I try to get everything working.

I installed Tableau on a single node and confirmed I could connect to both the TSM ui and the server itself, loaded a few sample dashboards etc. I then added a second node with the default configuration of just a cluster controller. Under the TSM UI it looks healthy, but under the status page from within Tableau itself (i.e., http://tableauserver/#/server/status) the status of the cluster controller is unknown.

Looking at the  clustercontroller.log on the second node I see the following error whenever I try to refresh the status page:

2018-11-14 10:09:53.950 -0500 pool-13-thread-5   WARN  : com.tableausoftware.tdfs.common.thriftauth.ClientIPWhitelistProcessor -

• org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Unauthorized client IP /###.###.###.###

at com.tableausoftware.tdfs.common.thriftauth.ClientIPWhitelistProcessor.process(ClientIPWhitelistProcessor.java:69)

at org.apache.thrift.TMultiplexedProcessor.process(TMultiplexedProcessor.java:123)

at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:286)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

2018-11-14 10:09:53.950 -0500 pool-13-thread-5   ERROR : org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer - Thrift error occurred during processing of message.

• org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Unauthorized client IP /###.###.###.###

at com.tableausoftware.tdfs.common.thriftauth.ClientIPWhitelistProcessor.process(ClientIPWhitelistProcessor.java:69)

at org.apache.thrift.TMultiplexedProcessor.process(TMultiplexedProcessor.java:123)

at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:286)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

(note the ###.###.###.### is the ip of my initial node and this log error is showing up on the second node)

I had previously tried to add a backgrounder process on the second node and I was getting issues with it complaining about pg_hba.conf

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "##backgrounder IP##", user "rails", database "workgroup", SSL off

at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:451)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:223)

at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:67)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.<init>(PgConnection.java:212)

at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:407)

at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:275)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:39)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:256)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2304)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2290)

... 49 more

I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling on all nodes several times. Other various services off of the initial node will fail and often adding a second gateway or search service causes me to not be able to log into the initial node. Any advice on where to get started would be greatly appreciated.