1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 9:19 AM by Naveen B

Filtering off of a State to Country w/ Action Trouble

steven.katofiasc.0

Hi All,

I have an action that allows me to zoom in on a state when i click it. The source worksheet has a filter that does NOT include Alaska, Hawaii, and Washington DC. The issue is, for example, if I click on Michigan to do a zoom in snap view, it works great with my action. Once I click Michigan again to take me back to contiguous 48 states view, for some reason my applied filter just randomly goes away that I have on my source worksheet. I don't know why this is happening and I don't want it to happen. I'll attach the steps in photos below:

^ good

^ fantastic

^ amazing!

^ UH OH! We've got trouble!

Please help. Thanks guys!

• 1. Re: Filtering off of a State to Country w/ Action Trouble
          Naveen B

Hi Steven,

Follow the below steps:

1) Duplicate the state field --> You will get a field called "State (Copy) "

2)  Drag the state copy field to filter and exclude Alaska, Hawaii, and Washington DC

3) Now apply the action on State original Field you will get the required O/P

Reason : Since you are filtering on the original field , after releasing the action you are telling to tableau that Show all the available values in the field that's why your excluded filter is getting bypassed and showing all the values

Hope this helps, Plz mark this answer as correct or helpful to close the thread

BR,

NB

1 of 1 people found this helpful